December 12, 2009

December 12, 2009: 10 days post TPLO

There's no real change in Winston's leg from yesterday.  I've been using hot compresses on both sides of it.  Winston doesn't mind this on the outside, but is unhappy about me doing this on the inside area where the little reddish patch is.  I was talking to my mom about having to do this.  Ok, I'll be honest -- I think I was whining a little bit and how it didn't seem to make any difference last year.  My mom said, "But you don't know that it didn't make any difference.  If you hadn't done it, you don't know what might have happened."  Hmmmm... my mom is a wise woman.  So.  I'm continuing with the compresses even if there's no obvious difference this year too.

His attitude is the same or possibly better.  He's been standing up to eat for several days now, and prior to yesterday he would remain lying down until I actually put his food dish down in the plant stand that we use to raise the food dish off the floor.  Then he'd get up and eat.  Last night when I came downstairs he was already standing up waiting for me.  Same for breakfast and lunch today.  His leg must feel better for this change.  Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment