April 28, 2009

April 28, 2009, 12 weeks post-op

We picked Winston up this afternoon from AMVS. He's got a couple of extra meds to take because of the stomach irritation caused by the bandage. They said that he wasn't interested in food for them. Other than that he seems happier. I am resigned to the fact that this is going to hurt us for awhile financially, so I put Saturday through today's bill up to this point on my credit card.

He's not groggy from surgery and that's kind of a nice treat for us. He's got a huge satellite dish e-collar on when they bring him out and you can tell he just hates it. We get him loaded into the car with it and get him home. He pretty much just lays down with his head flat since he can't stand to have it bobbing around on the top of his head.

I went to find some food and took the e-collar off while I tried tempting him with it. He's willing to eat and eats an entire (tuna-sized) can of dog food. I opened a second one hoping that he'd eat that one too, but it's too much after not eating for so long. I'll try again later. I brought a crazy-creek chair into his pen so that I could sit in there and read next to him so he didn't have to have the e-collar on for awhile. He seemed happier. When I left, I put it back on him. This is the new reality for him.

I tried more food again later that night and he ate another whole can -- HOORAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment