April 25, 2009

April 25, 2009, 11.75 weeks post-op

Winston definitely had a better attitude this morning. Not even close to being back to himself, but he no longer seemed like he was on death's doorstep. He wanted a little water when I offered it to him.

We took Winston to AMVS at 10:00 as we'd arranged yesterday, and Dr. Trousdale called after the surgery and said that it went well even though he still got some chunkiness out when he flushed the joint. We arranged to pick him up later in the afternoon, and we get to keep him home until Monday morning. That way I can try to get him to eat something.

When we picked him up, he was again very groggy and dopey from the anesthesia. He went straight to sleep once we got him home. I woke him up around dinnertime and again before bed for pills and to try and tempt him with food. I had to shove the pill pockets into the back of his throat, but at least he'd swallow them, and he didn't want food at dinner, but ate a few pieces of food before bed. I tried sleeping on a thermarest on the floor next to his pen, but every time he moved, I'd wake up and every time I moved, the thermarest would make a noise, so he would wake up. I finally decided that it was best that I was on the couch at the top of the stairs afterall. He woke up once during the night and had to go out, but then slept again until morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment