May 8, 2010

Saturday, Day 2 post left TPLO "explant"

Last night was kind of rough.  Winston was uncomfortable and restless.  He's in his "room" in a pen down on the landing and I slept on the couch at the top of the stairs.  Every time he moved and rattled his big e-collar I woke up.  I think I kept one ear open for him all night.  He gets pain pills at midnight so I just stayed up til then and then tried to sleep afterwards.  He wanted to go out at midnight but then even though he shifted around a lot, he stayed put until the cat alarm went off at 5:30am.  He was really stiff, but was able to stand up under his own power.

As the day went on, he wanted to go out and go potty nearly every two hours.  There were a few times that I just told him to settle back down.  I sat in his pen with him and read a book to keep him company.  He was happy for that.  I tried to move his leg and was able to move it for about 5 repetitions, but it's still pretty swollen and he finally leaned over to put his head across my arm.  I figured this was an improvement, so I let it go and we did the same thing again later in the day.

He's eating ok, but wasn't really interested in water until evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment