September 9, 2009

Happy Dogs!

Winston seems to be feeling better and is back to his old self, chewing on chew bones and being goofy in the house. Any time I give him "free range" in the yard, he runs so his time is limited, but I haven't totally stopped it either. I'm hoping that a little running won't hurt him and will help build the muscles that he needs to re-build. Josie eggs him on. I had to take all the Jolly Balls out of the back yard, and keep the gate shut between the front and back yards to keep the fun down to a minimum.

I watch him stand up to gauge how he's doing. He never limps anymore, but sometimes he struggles slightly to stand up after lying down. It seems as though it's muscle soreness because the pattern is day 1, he runs and day 2, he is slow getting up, so I keep him on a leash, day 3 he gets up normally again and I keep him on a leash and day 4-6 we repeat the cycle.

We go back for another vet check in the next 2 weeks, so I hope it will be good news.

1 comment:

  1. how is you doggy doing now?? I seen you haven't commented in a while was curious on his status. He is a beautiful dog! I have an italian mastiff she is not nearly as big as yours but still plenty big. She just tore a CCL as well and iam stuck in making a decision on which surgery to go with tplo or tightrope? What wwere your dislikes about the tightrope? I think the tplo is overkill but maybe my only option since she is 110 pounds. Hope your boy has a good recovery.

    ReplyDelete