September 15, 2009

16 week check set for next week

We have our next vet check scheduled for next Wednesday. To be honest, I'm scared to hear what they have to say. I expect that they'll tell me that there hasn't been significant change in Winston's leg from our last appointment, and I don't know what that means for our future. Will he have to stay on a leash for the rest of his life?

Today during his brief off leash time in the back yard, he decided to run. Not a nice easy step up from a trot, but a "get the bunny" full-on run. He seems to be fine with the nice slow "galumph" of a run that he has been doing up to this point, and that he'll stop when I call him, but today he ignored me totally.

He's been back on the leash since this morning and I cut back the walks today. He's not limping, but he's struggling a bit to stand up. At the same time, he's also bending his leg normally instead of keeping it straight out like he tended to do before all of his surgeries. It's so frustrating. I know that ligaments and tendons can be slow to heal, and that Winston is going to have more problems because of all the damage from the infection and the extra surgeries, but I wish I had some sort of timeline. Hopefully I'll get that next week?

No comments:

Post a Comment