December 2, 2008

December 2, 2008 left leg Tightrope surgery

I dropped Winston off at AMVS early this morning, it was hard knowing that he's got a big surgery in front of him, and I'm nervous because as much as I've read on the internet, it's actually happening to me now and it's a little different when it's actually US going through it now.

Winston stays overnight at the hospital tonight and comes home tomorrow. I'm taking tomorrow off work so that I can pick him up and take care of him. Don is self-employed and is swamped and can't take any time off right now, so even though he'll help out when he's home, most of the work is going to fall on me.

Josie (Winston's sister) is following me around. We got her in October after losing our first mastiff to a ruptured tumor. She's always had other dogs around, so this "being alone" thing is totally new to her and she's not sure what to think. It seems like most of the day has gone by and I still haven't heard any news. Finally they call to say that Winston is fine and there was no damage to the meniscus, and the surgery went really well and they set up a time for me to get him tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment