February 4, 2009

Feb 4, 2009: 3 days post-op



Winston is definitely unhappy today. He's pretty much just keeping quiet and giving me those "why me" eyes that dogs do so well. He's got some razor rash on his butt this time that looks like it should bother him, but he doesn't seem to notice it. He hasn't pooped today, but he's eating and drinking just fine.

We've had some issues with his pills this time around. He's got a big enough mouth that I normally just open it wide and shove my hand in and put the pills in his throat. He has apparently learned how to block them and get them back up into his mouth where he chews them and then spits them out. I've been told that both the cephalexin and the trammadol taste foul, so I'm going to have to get better at this. I've been able to salvage them and shove them back down his throat again so far.

His incision oozed yesterday but has stopped today. The "middle incision (there are 3, the big one, a tiny one and one about 2 inches long for the "big" toggle on the inside of his lower leg) looks tighter than the same incision on the left leg did. As he bends the leg the skin sort of folds over it to form a hood over the top part of the incision, and in addition to the staples, I can see the end of a blue stitch. I called AMVS and asked whether I should be worried about it, and they said it's disolveable, so it will eventually flake off.

He's walking on the leg and seems to be getting around ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment